About this Training Course
Preventive and Predictive maintenance are not new concepts. Both have been used across industry all over the world and when done properly, can yield impressive results (cost reductions of 20% or greater and a leap forward in equipment reliability and performance are very achievable). However, for every company using these concepts effectively, there are many others who are not.
This 5-day training course has been derived from the Plant Performance Improvement Road Map developed by practitioners that guarantee the reliability of your operations. The course focuses on how to improve profitability of any business by identifying the right maintenance strategy for any equipment. The aim of the course is to help practitioners run programmes that will deliver real benefits as fast as possible with minimum zero wasted effort. The course will also cover the core principles of Reliability Centred Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and Six Sigma and the increasingly important role of operations in achieving optimised asset performance.
This is a certified course with the option of sitting for a short exam on the final day of the course to give participants the opportunity to gain a Certificate in Preventive and Predictive Maintenance from petroEDGE and the Carcharodon Maintenance Academy.
Master the critical skills by acquiring the following:
- An understanding of how maintenance can add profit
- The ability to develop improvement programmes that deliver maximum benefit in the shortest time
- A fundamental understanding of the principles of Preventive, Predictive and other maintenance types
- A practical understanding of the latest methods of solving problems at root cause level
- An appreciation of maintenance methodologies such as Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Strategies for ensuring your company gets value for money from your Contractors
- How to use the Maintenance Model of Excellence and Plant Performance Improvement Road Map
This course has been designed for Maintenance Managers and Engineers, Reliability Professionals, Planners, Project Engineers, Operations team members, and Functional Specialists.
Your expert course leader is an award-winning consultant and trainer with 30 years’ experience in maintenance and reliability improvement. He has worked across five continents, in a wide variety of environments from the world’s largest oil refinery to a small drinks production line. He has 10 years of maintenance management experience in the process industry, so he brings a very practical approach to training. He moved into consulting with ABB Eutech as their global maintenance specialist where he led maintenance and reliability best practice panels, delivered a wide range of maintenance improvement projects and trained other consultants.
Your expert course leader founded his consultancy and training business in 2002 to focus on maintenance and reliability improvement. As part of this, he developed a range of maintenance “models of excellence” with inputs from authors, international lecturers and some of the world’s leading consultants and operators. His work has been recognised as being at the leading edge of industry best practice, winning independent awards such as the UK Chemical Industries Association “Excellence in Engineering” award.
He remains close to the industry as a respected specialist helping operating companies to achieve changes in performance. This ongoing field work enables him to continue to refine and extend best practice and the learning from this is continually fed into his training.
He is also the expert course leader for the following courses offered by PetroEdge:
• Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Control (SMRP Approved Provider Course)
• Maintenance and Reliability Masterclass (SMRP Approved Provider Course)
• Effective Plant Turnaround Management (SMRP Approved Provider Course)
• Advanced Turnaround, Shutdown and Outage Management (SMRP Approved Provider Course)
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The group exercises were challenging and gave me practice using key skills. They were fun too!
The real-life case studies showed how people had used best practice and the trainer has a wealth of experience to share
I can see now how maintenance and operations can come together as one team. We all need to learn from this course