About This VILT
Interest in clean hydrogen production and utilization has never been more extensive in the transition to clean energy in the market. This 5 half-day virtual instructor led training course (VILT) course will explain the business-focused perspective on clean hydrogen investment opportunities and project development considerations. It will examine how the growth of clean hydrogen will impact both the renewable power and natural gas industries by drawing on international examples. You will have a clearly explained, business-focused perspective on the competitive context of hydrogen across its various use cases.
This course is intended for those seeking a time-effective, wide-ranging and independent perspective on the investment case for opportunities and project development best practices within the rapidly growing market for clean hydrogen.
- Takeaway a raised comprehension on the fundamentals of investment case and project best practices within the hydrogen market
- Gain a clear value-based understanding of clean hydrogen market opportunities
- Demystify terminology, metrics and other complexities you will encounter in clean hydrogen operations
- Discover the key project shaping and assessment issues for hydrogen projects
- Obtain and apply agile best practices and innovative methods throughout the development of the project
- Examine the key variables and assumptions that impact the investment case for hydrogen (illustrated using a basic investment model in Excel)
The course is ideal for participants looking into clean hydrogen business opportunities as well as projects across the entire value chain, in commercial, business development, technical, regulatory, policy, strategy-related and planning functions. It is also aimed at personnel of organizations working across production, transportation and supply/sale of hydrogen in one or multiple geographies.
- Green hydrogen businesses
- EPC/Project developers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sector companies
- IPPs and utilities
- Transport sector companies and port operators
- Government policy makers and regulators
- Infrastructure investors and financiers
Your Expert Course Instructor is an independent consultant and active as a subject matter expert and advisor in project management and in particular investment analysis, front end planning and benchmarking/assurance; he has deep experience of the oil, gas, petrochemical and energy industries. He is an experienced trainer and facilitator of live events and can work in English and French. He has extensive experience of developing and delivering impactful training and facilitation during a 35-year career at BP.
He has a strong track record of delivering cross cultural programmes in strategy, change management and process improvement and is passionate about professional development; learning and sharing learning with a focus on the netzero agenda and the potential for a hydrogen economy alongside clean electricity.
- Industry recognized expert in Projects in North America and Europe; subject matter expertise in investment analysis, front end project planning, benchmarking, project performance and assurance; leading industry working groups within the CII (Construction Industry Institute), APM (Association of Project Management) and World Hydrogen Leaders (WHL) and presenting at annual conferences, seminars and workshop.
- Enhanced Safe and Reliable operations across the BP Group; part of the leadership team for a multi-year corporate wide programme called ‘Exemplar’, leading to improvements in process safety (>50%) and reliability. The programme was recognized by the corporate Safety (Helios) awards programme as a finalist.
- Effective programme management; development and delivery of silent running back office processes for financial planning, approvals governance, forecasting, contracting and performance management of a $50m corporate wide programme. Also with the UK Government, successfully established a PMO to provide full planning, reporting, risk management and project management support to a major cross civil service programme.
- Insightful presentations and analysis; Corporate reporting for the Main Board Audit Committee on project performance and benchmarking. Introduced leading indicators for Project Performance which have contributed to BP’s performance being recognized an industry leading in Front End Planning and Operating outcomes.
- Successful completion of a $6m consultancy project with Sonangol , the Angola National Oil company; this included Leadership Development and required developing rapport in Portuguese.
- Delivered business benefits of $20m NPV and successful organisational change at the Lavera Refinery/Chemical plant in France; leading a local project team and working in French.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
I am loving the lectures that you are giving, I would really like for us to meet and discuss a bit more about project financing and financial models for hydrogen.
Energy analyst and Hydrogen expert
Thank you for the great presentation. It was really interesting to also hear your experiences on developing investment cases.
Business Development and Innovation – Major Mexican company
Thank you for a very enlightening course on Investment in Hydrogen projects.
Sociologist, Transmission company - Europe
Definitely interesting to follow-up.