About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of all the commissioning and start-up activities of coal power plants. The Commissioning Management System of coal power plants is covered in detail in this course. This includes all the commissioning procedures and documents, purpose of commissioning, responsibilities, system description, organization, working parties, test teams, documentation, testing and commissioning schedules, test reports, safety, plant certification, and plant completion report.
- Pre-Commissioning Checks and Tests, Detailed Tests and Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Every Equipment in Coal Power Plants: Gain a thorough understanding of all precommissioning checks and tests, and all commissioning procedures and instructions for every equipment in coal power plants
- Commissioning Management System of Coal Power Plants: Discover the benefits of the Commissioning Management System of coal power plants including all commissioning procedures and documents, purpose of commissioning, responsibilities, system description, organization, working parties, test teams, documentation, testing and commissioning schedules, test reports, safety, plant certification, and plant completion report
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Boiler and Auxiliaries in Coal Power Plants: Learn about the commissioning procedures and instructions for boiler and auxiliaries including all commissioning activities, typical commissioning schedule, hydraulic test and wet preservation, air and gas tightness test, trial run of equipment, electronic precipitators, fuel oil system, preparation for first light up, alkali boil – out, acid cleaning and passivation, thermal flow test of economizer, water walls, and superheater, valves, steam boiling, safety valve setting, and soot blowers.
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Turbine and Auxiliaries: Gain a thorough understanding of all the commissioning procedures and instructions for turbine and auxiliaries including acid cleaning of oil pipelines, lubrication and governing system (oil flushing and hydraulic testing), jacking oil system, governing system, regenerative system, barring gear, vacuum tightness test, first rolling of turbine and data logging
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Generator and Auxiliaries: Discover all the commissioning procedures and instructions for generator and auxiliaries including generator, seal oil system, hydrogen gas system, stator water system, rolling and payment of generator
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Electrical Equipment: Learn about all the commissioning procedures and instructions for electrical equipment including switchyard equipment, switchgear, transformers, and motors
- Coal Power Plant Equipment and Systems: Learn about various coal power plant equipment and systems including: boilers, superheaters, reheaters, steam turbines, governing systems, deaerators, feedwater heaters, coal-handling equipment, transformers, generators and auxiliaries
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
- Basic or Foundation
The VILT will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Exceptional course! The training was delivered with the utmost professionalism and definitely the best training course I have ever attended. I cannot speak highly enough about the whole experience