About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The energy industry has started its journey to be more data centric by embracing the industry 4.0 concept. As a result, data management – which was considered until recently as a back-office service to support geoscience, reservoir management, engineering, production and maintenance – is now given the spotlight!
To become an active stakeholder in this important transition in E&P data management, it is necessary to understand the new technical opportunities offered by the Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and how data governance can pave the way towards more reliable and resilient processes within E&P domain.
Several key questions that need to be addressed:
- Why place more focus on data assets?
- Is data management just about serving geoscientists or engineers with fresh data?
- What is the value of data management in the E&P sector for decision making?
- How to convince the data consumers that the data we provide is reliable?
- Is the data architecture of my organization appropriate and sustainable?
The purpose of this 5 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course is to present the data challenges facing the energy organizations today and see how they practically solve them. The backbone of this course is based on the DAMA Book of Knowledge for Data Management. The main data management activities are described in sequence with a particular focus on recent technological developments.
Upon completion of this VILT course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand why the data asset is now considered as a main asset by energy organizations
- Appreciate the importance of data governance and become an active stakeholder of it
- Understand the architecture and implementation of data structure in their professional environment
- Get familiarized with the more important data management activities such as data security and data quality
- Integrate their subsurface and surface engineering skills with the data managements concepts
This VILT course is unique on several points:
- All notions are explained by some short presentations. For each of them, a set of video, exercises, quizzes will be provided to help develop an engaging experience between the trainer and the participants
- A pre-course questionnaire to help the trainer focus on the participants’ needs and learning objectives
- A detailed reference manual
- A lexicon of terms for data-management
- Limited class size to encourage the interactivity
This VILT course is intended for:
- Junior/new data managers
- Reservoir engineers
- Maintenance specialists
- Construction specialists
- Human resources
- Basic or Foundation
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-days consisting 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is a geologist by education who has dedicated his career to subsurface data management services. In 2016, he initiated a tech startup dedicated to Data Management using Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools. He is heavily involved in developing business plans, pricing strategies, partnerships, marketing and SEO, and is the co-author of several Machine Learning publications. He also delivers training on Data Management and Data Science to students and professionals.
Based in France, he was formerly Vice President, Sales & Marketing at CGG where he was in charge of the Data Management Services strategy, Sales Manager at Spie O&G Services where he initiated the Geoscience technical assistance activities and Product Manager of interactive seismic inversion software design and marketing at Paradigm.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.