About this Training Course
This course provides an introduction to seismic surveys, how they are justified, acquired, processed and interpreted. Through a combination of lectures, videos, case-studies and hands-on exercises the participants will gain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of the seismic method, the meaning of seismic sections, maps and other products, and an overview of the latest developments in seismic technology.
- Covers the entire seismic process from acquisition, through processing to interpretation and in doing so shows how each relates to and impacts the other
- Presenter is actively consulting to one of the world’s largest seismic companies
- Course is essentially non-mathematical and makes wide use of diagrams, pictures, demonstrations and short videos to explain complex concepts
- Numerous hands-on exercises and case studies are used to clarify and reinforce learning. As much as possible, students will learn by doing rather than just listening
By attending this training, you will be able to acquire the following:
- Obtain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of the seismic method, and the costs and risks involved, and how to reduce these
- Be able to communicate more effectively with petroleum geophysicists
- Understand the meaning of seismic maps and sections and know how to judge the quality and limitations of these important exploration tools.
- Gain an overview of the latest developments in seismic technology.
- Apply new-found knowledge to a series of simple illustrative exercises to aid understanding and gain confidence in use
- Know what types of questions to ask in order to assess the quality of a seismic project
The course is suitable to all personnel, but those that benefit most include:
- Geologists with limited geophysics training or background
- Supervisors and managers who need to communicate effectively with geophysicists
- Supply chain and support personnel who wants to more effectively support their seismic crews
- Management, technical and support personnel who want understand the jargon
- Reservoir engineers who liaise with geophysicists and/or work with seismic maps and other inputs·
- Seismic interpreters with no processing background, processors with no acquisition background, etc.
Your expert course leader is the Geosciences Technical Director for PetroEdge. She was previously, the manager of Robertson Petroleum Training Centre and a Senior Project Scientist at CGG.
She has over 25 years of experience in teaching geology and leading field trips. Prior to her 8 years at Robertson CGG, she was in academia as a lecturer for 6 years and a Research Fellow for 3 years. She has conducted fieldwork and led field trips in the US and many areas in the UK. In addition, she has led university regional geology day schools and has comprehensive experience in course and study programme writing.
She has extensive experience in delivering courses and in Seismic Interpretation and Mapping, Clastic and Carbonate Reservoir Geology, Deepwater Turbidites, Sandstone Reservoirs, Wireline Log Interpretation, Integrated Sequence Stratigraphy, Basin Analysis and Exploration & Appraisal workshops globally.
In delivering the Exploration Team Management Workshop, she has project managed and taught key principles and modules on project planning, data collection/collation, geophysical assessment, stratigraphy and facies mapping, source rock facies and hydrocarbon generation, play fairway mapping, risking and prospect evaluation.
Her knowledge and enthusiasm for instructing is reflected in consistently being rated as excellent by trainees, and clients specifically requesting her participation in courses.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
I will highly recommended this course to my colleagues.
This training session is very useful for me. I believe I can now talk to Geophysicists with the same language.
GeoTechnician, Talisman Vietnam Ltd
Excellent course even for beginners. The theory and exercises really ‘click together’.
Executive Business Planning, PETROLIAM NASIONAL BERHAD
This is one of the best fundamental courses for basic level technical skills.
Technical Assistant, Roc Oil Malaysia
A very well organised course with a very knowledgeable trainer who is able to speak out the technical concepts of seismic.