About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
There are signs and indications that the offshore Oil & Gas industry is transitioning out from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the accompanying oil price drop. Future activities will include longer term Energy Transition directions. These topics will be covered in this 4 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course through a Global Energy Review projecting into the future, and overall, it will place participants in a good position to be involved in the future of the industry.
Of the Floating Production Hosts used worldwide, the most widespread is the FPSO (Floating Production, Storage & Offloading Vessels). They are used in shallow and deepwater fields, in small to very large fields as well as in calm and harsh weather areas. This VILT course has been designed to help participants to acquire the fundamental knowledge of FPSO Vessels (both New Builds, Tanker Conversions and Re-Deployment FPSOs) and to see why they are so widely used by the offshore industry. The topics that will be covered will range from the FPSOs connection to the reservoir to the export requirements. In addition, the details of the FPSO vessel equipment and functions will be described.
Upon completion of this VILT course, participants should be able to understand the basics of FPSO and offshore Oil & Gas processing systems, equipment working principles as well as field requirements. Various case studies, videos and multimedia will be used to illustrate key operating principles and lessons learnt from past successful projects (with examples taken from around the world). The course material will be provided as a soft copy.
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) Content in Summary:
- Introduction to Offshore Floating Production
- Global Energy Review
- New Build FPSO Vessels
- Tanker Conversion & Re-Deployment FPSO Vessels
- FPSO Design and Testing Methods
- Turret Design and Mooring Systems
- Introduction to Topsides Processing
- Topsides Equipment Layout and Operations
- Supporting Subsea Field Facilities
- Oil Storage and Export
- Field Examples
Upon completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic use of Floating Production Hosts as part of a Field Development (shallow water and deep water).
- Acquire the basic design principles and characteristics of the various Floating Production Hosts.
- Be in a position to follow simple hydrodynamics design methods and wind / wave testing as part of the design process.
- Acquire knowledge of the FPSO building / Conversion activities in construction yards.
- Understand the principles of Turret Design and Mooring systems.
- Follow the various FPSO Topsides Processing Requirements (Process Flow Diagrams) and recognise particular equipment packages.
- Understand the Export requirements and equipment items.
- Appreciate the Safety Issues with Offshore Production Hosts, and Legislation Requirements.
- Understand the Offshore Start-Up procedures for FPSOs.
- Acquire knowledge of the role of Classification Societies for Floating Production.
The VILT course is intended for FPSO build & conversion shipyards, offshore oil rig building yards, offshore vessel building yards, subcontractors, offshore construction companies, offshore equipment vendors, offshore service providers, classification societies and marine & offshore SMEs personnel involved in the design and engineering, planning, procurement, project management, engineering production, vessel construction, quality control, equipment and vessel survey, commercial, commissioning as well as project administration related to FPSOs conversion and new-building. Additionally, it would be of interest to non-engineers such as insurance brokers, legal and financial professionals, and government bodies.
This VILT course will be delivered online in 4 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 4 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (16 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Participants should have a basic knowledge before attending this course as the trainer is well experienced
BD Executive Malaysia, MISC Berhad
Good information provided during the training!