About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will familiarise process, instrumentation and custody transfer engineers with the procedures and practices involved in the choice of flowmetering systems and their associated supporting equipment. It will address these points in relation to both single- and multi-phase flows and will give guidance on the optimum commercially available flowmeters through a detailed comparison of their relative merits. Flowmeter calibration is crucial to these topics.
The VILT course also covers the related issues of level and tank measurement as well as lease automatic custody transfer and truck custody transfer, leak detection, loss control and monitor and control production losses.
By the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), participants will be able to:
- Apply an in-depth knowledge to the topics of liquid and gas flowmetering and custody measurement as well as to the fluid mechanics of pipe flows
- Assess flow measurement uncertainty in terms of the actual flowrate
- Distinguish between the different flowmeter types including delta p, displacement, rotary-inferential, fluid oscillatory, electromagnetic, ultrasonic and Coriolis mass flowmeters and to determine the optimum choice for a given application
- Define and classify the various regimes of multiphase flow measurement and to understand the relative attributes of the main industrial multiphase flowmeters in the determination of flowrate and quality
- Make a considered judgement of the choice of fluid level measurement devices
- Implement OIML Recommendation R117 including its requirements and operation
- Understand the various types of flow calibration, metering system and provers including static and dynamic measurement, meter proving, prover loop and custody transfer
- Carry out tank measurement and tank calibration methods and to calculate net sellable quantities
- Explain in detail the different types, methods and techniques used in lease automatic custody transfer and truck custody transfer
- Discuss pipeline considerations made in the metering of liquid products
- Employ systematic techniques in leak detection, loss control, monitor and control production losses
- Apply the various API standards applicable to custody measurement
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) provides an overview of all significant aspects and considerations of liquid and gas flowmetering and custody measurement for instrumentation, inspection, control, custody, metering and process engineers and other technical staff. Further, piping engineers, pipelines engineers, mechanical engineers, operations engineers, maintenance engineers, plant/field supervisors and foremen and loss control coordinators will also benefit from this course.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 modules consisting 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day. Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Just one word, awesome!
Ops Engineer, Enquest
Excellent preparation and execution of training.
Senior Hydrocarbon Allocation Engineer, EQ Petroleum
Good company with a good course.
Technical Assistant, Malaysia-Thailand Joint Authority
Good course presentation by experienced consultant.