About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The turbulence in oil prices and downturn of Offshore E & P industry over the last five years has caught many by surprise as a result of emerging applications and interpretation of novel Terms & Conditions.
Designed and developed by an expert and veteran from the O & M sector, this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course is built on the foundation of two flagship OSV courses and is a must-attend course to avoid pitfalls in future of your OSV ventures.
By the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course, participants will be able to:
- Learn to apply experiences gained from lacunas exposed in legal battles of commonly trusted and tested Charterparty Forms for OSVs
- Understand the legal principles governing future Charterparty Agreements without incurring legal costs
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course will benefit:
- Senior management personnel from Operators/Owners of OSVs, Offshore E & P Projects, Oil & Gas Fields, E & P Infrastructure with prior knowledge of Charterparty
- Professionals interested in drafting Charterparty Agreements for Offshore & Marine Industry Segments
- Managers, Engineers and Professionals responsible for negotiating, executing and administering short- and long-term contracts in Offshore & Marine Segments
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions, comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
- Workshops based on real-life cases from Offshore E & P Segments: Participants will be expected to work on real-life cases for Time Charterparty, Bare Boat Charters and Back-to-Back Charters.
- Using foresight to see what had gone wrong: If you are wondering why suddenly so many OSVs had run out of business, come to attend the VILT workshop with your peers.
- The opportunity to fine tune rustic Charterparty Forms: Through various hands-on workshops, case laws and discussion sessions, the delegates will be exposed to identification of lacunas in the pre-printed or prevailing terms and modifying for future contexts.
- Collaborative efforts between Owners and Charterers: Participants from a wide spectrum of segments would be expected to develop risk sharing strategies and obviating blame-games so as to avoid disputes after attending this VILT.
- Access to comprehensive knowledgebase and resources: Confirmed participants will get preparatory materials two weeks before the training date. In addition, a detailed Course Manual authored by the Course Director, with selected range of reference materials and resource links will be available for each participant, to ensure long-term benefits of attending this course.
Principal Management Consultant
FAIADR, FACICA, FHKIoD, M.S.I.D, Member, AIPN
LL.M. (IP Laws), M. Sc. (Maritime Studies)
M, Tech (Knowledge Engineering), MBA
First Class CoC (DOT, UK), B. E. (Elect)
Your expert course leader, during the last 45 year period, has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing: Marine, Shipping & Transport, Technology, Oil & Gas Exploration & Production, Petrochemical Process Plants and Power Plant Construction Projects, Logistics & Warehousing, Offshore, Oil & Gas Pipelines, Infrastructure Development Projects (Construction, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Oil & Gas Terminals and Airports etcetera), EPCIC Contracts, and Shipyards, in South East Asia, Africa, Middle East, Americas and Europe.
He is a Principal Management Consultant in a consulting company in Hong Kong and Singapore, specializing in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and alternative dispute resolutions services. He has been frequently engaged for assignments like due diligence, acquisitions, and mergers. The assignments often involved resolving various operational issues, contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of international procurement and Supply Chain Management systems.
He continues to be actively engaged in advisory services for Remuneration, Audit and Risk Management Committees of public companies as well as MNCs. He has developed a special initiative for conducting audits of ERM Systems (Enterprise Risk Management) and valuation of intangible properties involving proprietary processes (IP), licensed production and intellectual property rights.
He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA in General Management, Master of Technology in Knowledge Engineering, Master of Science in Maritime Studies and LL.M. (IP Law). He also holds professional qualifications in arbitration, contracts laws, and marine engineering, including the Chief Engineer’s First-Class Certificate of Competency (DOT, UK). He has been Associate, SIM University (SUSS) Singapore and taught on subjects including Business Continuity Planning and Risk Management.
He has served as Director and member of Board of Management, Governance Councils and Risk Management Committees of international organizations. He is admitted to various professional institutions as: ‘Fellow’, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (FACICA); Asian Institute of ADR (FAIADR), Malaysia; Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD), Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (M.S.I.D.), and Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) USA.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The trainer is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more into maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
Superb presentation by the trainer. Definitely a Guru!
Head of Marine Audit, Icon Offshore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer. A very practical approach to understanding OSV chartering & CP Management.
Asst Loading Master, Shell Phillipines Exploration BV
The course has been made successful specifically because of the experience, knowledge and patience of the trainer.
Group Legal Counsel, Amsbach Marine Singapore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer, conducted in an informed manner, makes it an enjoyable and very informative course.
Team Leader Drilling Services, Murphy Oil Corporation
He is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more about maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
This training course exceeded my expectations. The trainer is very effective and answers our questions in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. One word ‘Superb’.