Learn in teams and save more! Enjoy group discounts of up to 50% off normal fees for team based learning. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more today!
About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The turbulence in oil prices and downturn of Offshore E & P industry over the last five years has caught many by surprise as a result of emerging applications and interpretation of novel Terms & Conditions.
Designed and developed by an expert and veteran from the O & M sector, this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) is built on the foundation of two flagship OSV courses and is a must-attend course to avoid pitfalls in future of your OSV ventures.
By the end of this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), participants will be able to:
- Learn to apply experiences gained from lacunas exposed in legal battles of commonly trusted and tested Charterparty Forms for OSVs
- Understand the legal principles governing future Charterparty Agreements without incurring legal costs
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will benefit:
- Senior management personnel from Operators/Owners of OSVs, Offshore E & P Projects, Oil & Gas Fields, E & P Infrastructure with prior knowledge of Charterparty
- Professionals interested in drafting Charterparty Agreements for Offshore & Marine Industry Segments
- Managers, Engineers and Professionals responsible for negotiating, executing and administering short- and long-term contracts in Offshore & Marine Segments
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will be delivered online in 5 half day sessions, comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day.
- Workshops based on real-life cases from Offshore E & P Segments: Participants will be expected to work on real-life cases for Time Charterparty, Bare Boat Charters and Back-to-Back Charters.
- Using foresight to see what had gone wrong: If you are wondering why suddenly so many OSVs had run out of business, come to attend the VILT workshop with your peers.
- The opportunity to fine tune rustic Charterparty Forms: Through various hands-on workshops, case laws and discussion sessions, the delegates will be exposed to identification of lacunas in the pre-printed or prevailing terms and modifying for future contexts.
- Collaborative efforts between Owners and Charterers: Participants from a wide spectrum of segments would be expected to develop risk sharing strategies and obviating blame-games so as to avoid disputes after attending this VILT.
- Access to comprehensive knowledgebase and resources: Confirmed participants will get preparatory materials two weeks before the training date. In addition, a detailed Course Manual authored by the Course Director, with selected range of reference materials and resource links will be available for each participant, to ensure long-term benefits of attending this course.
Your course leader is a practising Chartered Arbitrator and Principal Management Consultant. He specialises in the fields of corporate management consultancy, international contracts reviews and Alternative Dispute Resolutions. Over a 43-year period, he has worked and consulted in the industry verticals encompassing, Oil & Gas majors, EPCIC Contractors, Construction Projects, Shipping, Logistics; Warehousing, and international shipyards. He has also worked as a consultant to the Infrastructure Development Projects, Oil & Gas Pipe Laying Contracts, Ports, Offshore Supply Bases, Shipyards and Owners of Oil & Gas Tankers, Dry Bulkers, Drill Ships, OSVs and FPSO’s.
His consulting expertise traverses through Business Process Re-engineering, Diversifications, Corporate Development, Project Management, Feasibility Studies, Dispute Resolutions and Market Research. He has been engaged for strategic planning, including assignments like due diligence, resolving various operational issues, consortium contracts reviews, cost controls, project management matters and enhancement of procurement and supply chain management systems. He has successfully assisted offshore E & P clients in managing disputes arising from various international EPCIC projects, contracts for rig building, ships upgrading & conversion projects. He continues to be actively engaged in claims reviews, adjudication, mediation, arbitration, litigation and expert witness related assignments, arising from international construction contracts and Charterparty Agreements.
He has held positions of General Manager and Consultant with major Shipyards and Managing Director, General Manager and Senior Manager, with the companies from the construction industry, heavy engineering fabrications, and marine & offshore services sectors. He was responsible for the projects related to the works on Offshore Vessels refurbishment, FPSO Conversions, Gas Tanker Repairs, Process Modules engineering, Lateral Gas and Oil Pipelines’ and other (EPCIC) construction related works. He has developed special methodologies for managing CMGD (Complex, Multiple, Geographically Dispersed) projects.
He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MBA in General Management, Master of Technology in Knowledge Engineering and Master of Science in Maritime Studies. He holds professional qualifications in arbitration law, contract law and marine engineering, including the Chief Engineer’s First Class Certificate of Competency. He is currently engaged in the field of intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights and patents protection related studies and investments treaty related matters.
He is ‘Fellow’, Asian Institute of ADR (‘FAIADR’); Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, (‘FCIArb’); Member, Maritime Law Association of Singapore, Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Directors (FHKIoD) and Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (M.S.I.D.) He is also a Member of Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), USA and several other organisations.
He regularly undertakes appointments as Arbitrator for resolving international disputes. He is admitted to the panel of arbitrators with ACICA & AMTAC, Sydney, Australia; AIAC, Malaysia; DIAC, Dubai, (UAE); KCAB, Korea; SCCA, Saudi Arabia; SCMA, Singapore; HKIAC, Hong Kong; LCIA, London, UK; VIAC, Vienna, Austria; ICA, Delhi, India; WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Centre; and Past Member, ICCA, PCA Hague, Netherlands. He is also an empaneled Adjudicator and Mediator with AIAC, Malaysia and Accredited Mediator of CMC, Ministry of Law, Singapore.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
The trainer is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more into maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
Superb presentation by the trainer. Definitely a Guru!
Head of Marine Audit, Icon Offshore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer. A very practical approach to understanding OSV chartering & CP Management.
Asst Loading Master, Shell Phillipines Exploration BV
The course has been made successful specifically because of the experience, knowledge and patience of the trainer.
Group Legal Counsel, Amsbach Marine Singapore
Knowledgeable and experienced trainer, conducted in an informed manner, makes it an enjoyable and very informative course.
Team Leader Drilling Services, Murphy Oil Corporation
He is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more about maritime laws.
Senior Buyer, Bibby Offshore
This training course exceeded my expectations. The trainer is very effective and answers our questions in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. One word ‘Superb’.