About this Training Course
The oil refining industry continues to be a key supplier of world’s fuels, but it is being transformed and reshaped by a number of new global and local drivers: margin volatility, increased regulatory control, global competition, changing crude slate, capital constrains, new technologies, data science. More diverse professionals will be employed by the industry, including scientists, investor, risk controllers, insurers, environmentalists and public relation specialists.
It is vital to understand the key business and technology components of the refinery business, and its varied disciplines in order to fully unlock its operations and business model. Therefore non-technical personnel and new engineers entering the industry will also benefit from attending the course.
The course will highlight:
- Crude oils, products and processing options for a refiner
- Technology used in the principal process units
- Refinery cost structure and cost reduction
- Operational flexibility and profit improvement options, methodologies, and tools
By the end of the 2 day training course, participants will be able to:
- Gain a broad understanding of the refining business
- Be conversant with refinery processes and products
- Acquire basic knowledge of refinery organisation and daily operation
- Participate in discussion concerning refinery economics
This course is designed for professionals assigned to positions in corporate offices, refineries, and supporting services, but many other categories of professionals will benefit from it:
- Business managers
- Administrative and legal staff
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Insurance representatives
- Personnel managers
- Trading professionals
- Financial professionals
This training course is design to use proven learning techniques that ensure understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented:
- Presenter is attuned to participant’s individual situation.
- The ex-cathedra presenting is combined with “show me and involve me” discussion
- The participants are encouraged to bring their own examples to the discussion table
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.