About this Micro Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Well completion commonly refers to the process of finishing a well so that it is ready to produce oil or natural gas. In essence, completion consists of deciding on the characteristics of the intake portion of the well in the targeted hydrocarbon formation. There are a number of types of completions, including:
- Open Hole Completion
- Conventional Perforated Completion
- Sand Exclusion Completion
- Permanent Completion
- Multiple Zone Completion
This Micro VILT covers the planning, installation and all of the various steps that require special attention, especially ensuring that equipment is landed in the correct place as well as any potential operational issues.
Micro VILT Group Pricing:
SGD$1,200 per person / USD$ 889 per person
(Minimum 5 persons per group session)
For more details on pricing for larger groups or customisation of course outline, call us at +65 6741 9927 or email email@example.com
Delivery of this Micro VILT:
The Micro VILT will be delivered through Zoom, MS Teams or equivalent video conference platforms in combination with other online interactive training tools.
Micro VILT Duration:
The Micro VILT will be delivered online in 1 session comprising 4 hours, with 2 breaks.
Micro VILT Course Materials:
All participants will receive softcopy course materials (PDF format).
Breakdown of Modules:
Module 1: Overview & Planning
- Completion Programme Data
- Planning & Tool Preparation
- Handling Equipment
Module 2: Completion Installation
- Running & Handling Screens
- Installing Completion Modules
- Tubing Tally
Module 3: Well Control & Space Out
- Well Control Awareness & Equipment
- Understanding Spaceout
- Overview of Critical Subsea Operations
Best Feature of the Micro VILT:
- Group assignment.
- Videos help to visualize.
- Instructor’s explanations and real life experience.
- Thorough material coupled with instructor’s experiences shared.
- Diagrams, videos, and picture examples.
- Instructor’s knowledge and presentation of the information.
- Showing different operations.
- The videos and animations were very useful visual aids. As well as the group exercise.
- The presentation.
- Addition of new concepts and not just a refresher course.
- The group session was interesting. It was a learning process. But it has a lot of potential.
- The ability to interact with the instructor using the Moderator.
- Overall understanding of well completion steps/equipment.
- I really liked the interactive videos that the instructor had showed with the different mechanical completion techniques ala milling cement left behind in the production casing or using a chemical injection or bullhead to clean up a well of any particulates, for example. The quiz at the end was also fun.
Your expert Micro VILT trainer has over 40 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry. During that time, he has worked exclusively in well intervention and completions. After a number of years working for intervention service companies (completions, slickline & workovers), he joined Shell as a well service supervisor. He was responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all well intervention work on Shell’s Persian/Arabian Gulf platforms. This included completion running, coil tubing, e-line, slickline, hydraulic workovers, well testing and stimulation operations. An office-based role as a senior well engineer followed.
He was responsible for planning, programming and organising of all the well engineering and intervention work on a number of fields in the Middle East. He had a brief spell as a Site Representative for Santos in Australia before joining Petro-Canada as Completions Superintendent in Syria, then moved to Australia as Completions Operations Superintendent for Santos, before returning to Shell as Field Supervisor Completions and Well Interventions in Iraq where he carried out the first ever formal abandonment of a well in the Majnoon Field. While working on rotation, he regularly taught Completion Practices, Well Intervention, Well Integrity and Reporting & Planning courses all over the world. In 2014, he started to focus 100% on training and became the Technical Director for PetroEDGE.
Since commencing delivering training courses in 2008, he has taught over 300 courses in 31 cities in 16 countries to in excess of 3,500 participants.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
This was a very good class that had a very well put together PowerPoint presentation, the competitive quiz at the end was fun, the instructor was very knowledgeable in teaching this class, the instructor encouraged classroom virtual participation, and the different videos of how a milling job is done, how to pump a completion fluid into the well, how a SCSSV control line was run, and how to install a chemical injection line into the well were very good videos.
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, USA
This course is a good overview of running a completion. It could be an 8 hour course.
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, USA
The trainer was very knowledgeable and presented the topic well.