About this Training Course
This course will familiarize engineers, designers and construction personnel with the layout and design procedures and practices involved in the choice of piping systems and their associated supporting equipment. It will also address in detail, common pipeline components such as pumps, compressors and heat exchangers and will cover their mechanical performance and limitations in different piping arrangements. This course will give participants the background required to complete and successfully apply typical equipment layout and piping arrangements.
Upon the successful completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Apply proper techniques and a good working knowledge of pipe work design and fabrication
- Identify the issues to be considered when designing process piping
- Carryout a pressure design of piping and piping components
- Analyze piping flexibility and gauge the limitations of piping and piping components
- Recognize the various types of pipe supports
- Apply proper methods of leak testing, piping failures and their causes
- Carry out a materials selection and identify their limitations
- List fabrication rules and their bases
- Employ the various inspection techniques, examination, and testing requirements efficiently
- Choose and analyze the performances of heat exchangers, flowmeters and valves
This course is intended for engineers who are engaged in the selection and fabrication of piping as well as process and design engineers, senior draftsmen, piping and process draftsmen and practicing engineers who need to expand their understanding of pipe layout procedures.
Further, it is suitable for those engineers who require to understand the interaction between the various pipeline components such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers and relief valves as well as analysis personnel wishing to increase their knowledge through this course which will offer practical solutions to piping design problems.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.