About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Port operations are often subjected to vulnerabilities in their security systems and policies. Port asset management systems have been designed to respond to several market and operational requirements but their robust responses to random or targeted security threats is often called to test. Potential security threats and vulnerabilities to port systems are numerous, ranging from internal process and system failures to external malicious and targeted attacks.
By implementing the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and other regulatory programs and industry initiatives, maritime regulators and port operators can take steps towards protecting their security of port systems while also adopting and integrating several other tools for risk assessment and management.
This 5 half-day virtual instructor lead training (VILT) course will not only cover the full processes and requirements of the ISPS Code but also other relevant port security programs such as the ISO 28000 on Supply Chain Security, the Container Security Initiative, the 24-hr advance manifest rule, the C-TPAT programme, and the latest IMO Guidelines on Port and Maritime Cyber Security.
This VILT course provides participants with a comprehensive and expert-level knowledge of the ISPS Code and applications in ports and terminals. Participants will be able to identify and acquire the skills and tools required for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring port facility security assessments, plans, training drills, security officers and personnel requirements along different security (MARSEC) levels and across various port and terminal facilities. In addition, the course will also cover other port-related security programs and initiatives and will introduce the participants to the state-of-the-art models for security risk assessment and management and their applications in port operations.
By attending this VILT course, participants will gain a detailed understanding of:
- Security threats and risk categories in ports
- Regulatory and voluntary frameworks governing port and terminal security
- Process and components of the ISPS Code for ports, terminals and mobile drilling units (MODUs)
- ISPS PFSA, PFSP, PFSO, training and certification
- Non-ISPS port security programs and related maritime and supply chain security initiatives
- Relevant approaches to probabilistic risk and hazard analysis and their applications in ports and terminals
- Procedures and techniques for event reporting, threshold warnings, and precursor analysis in ports
- Port security technology
- Economic costs and benefits of port security
- Crisis and disaster management in ports
The VILT course is aimed at a wider audience of port stakeholders: security providers, terminal operators, port authorities, government agencies, maritime and port agents, transport and logistics providers, insurance and risk management providers, postgraduate students and academics, and other port users.
This VILT course will be of relevance to:
- Terminal Managers and Operators
- Port Authorities
- Security Providers and Officers
- Underwriters and Insurance Providers
- Maritime and Transport Security Agencies
- Risk Management and Control Providers
- Marine and Nautical Service Providers
- International Logistics Operators
- Ship and Port Agents
- Risk and Safety Management Consultants
- Port and Maritime Consultants
- Academics and Postgraduate Students
In addition to formal lecture delivery, the VILT course will include case studies, practical applications, group exercises, scenario security games, and risk modelling exercises.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.