About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The ability to understand your data – and extract value out from it – is a key metric in the Oil & Gas industry today. The Python programming language is at the forefront of data science, helping engineers, analysts and scientists, extract value from their data with its extensive library and intuitive programming concepts. This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will cover the basic and intermediate concepts of Python language, with a focus on data analytics. This VILT course is designed in such a way that participants will build actual applications as they go, which is a practical method to learn. The VILT course will review selected real-world datasets, which will include wireline logs and reservoir hydrocarbon data.
• Appreciate and understand the concepts and workings of Python Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
• Learn to write Python codes for mathematical problems using conditional statements, loops and functions
• Apply Python programming for reservoir data, including interpreting well logs, statistical evaluations
• Apply regular expressions to modify text searches and simplify text analysis using oil & gas datasets
• Deploy written Python codes into production using schedulers and jobs
This VILT is specifically designed for engineers, scientists, data technicians and related practitioners in the oil & gas subsurface sector who are interested to learn python programming for the purpose of data extraction, analysis and manipulation.
This VILT will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Your expert course leader experience begins from being a Manufacturing Research Engineer at Schlumberger REMS, adjunct professor at IPE Heriot Watt University to a Senior Data Scientist at Shell. He has built and delivered various analytics solutions in identifying root causes via clustering algorithms, digitalising data collection and monitoring system, forecasting system failures before major mishaps, identifying lithofacies and many other natural language processing solutions to summarise text data and perform sentiment analysis to name a few. Recently, he was also a part of Shell’s digital coaches to transform the workforce into being digital and agile savvy, especially in the area of data and analytics. He holds a Master of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering from the Institute of Petroleum Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. He is also qualified with a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours) majoring in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
He is an expert and trains in a broad range of technical development including:
- Python Programming, Data Science and AI\
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Petroleum Economics
- Petroleum Reservoir Rock Evaluation
- Basics and Advanced Calculus and Statistics
- Application of Data Science and Analytics in Oil and Gas Production, Operations and Maintenance.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.