About this Virtual instructor Led Training (VILT)
The Subsea Production Engineering Virtual instructor Led Training (VILT) course provides an overview of all of the functionalities and key interfaces of subsea equipment. The VILT course will refer to relevant industry engineering standards for subsea equipment, subsea tie-backs and critical operational requirements. The sessions will cover challenges associated with equipment design and installability, as well as a new module on subsea tie-backs.
The primary learning objectives for this VILT course are met through a combination of interactive presentations, discussion and exercises.
By the end of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the requirements of related industry standards (API 6A/ 17D, API 17A etc.) engineering standards
- Understand the barrier and qualification requirements
- Identify the barriers in place given a specific mode of operation
- Evaluate and select which tree alternatives are valid based on the key design drivers
- Identify and describe the key design drivers
- Explain the importance of well kill rate
- Describe which tree alternatives are valid for certain scenarios based on an evaluation of the key tree design requirements
- Examine what effects subsurface requirements may have on tree design
- Understand the challenges associated with designing equipment for manufacturability and installability
- Recognise the implications of design changes to specific components and the effects on transportation and installation (such as what type of vessels, lifting equipment, and tools to use and the logistical requirements)
- Recognise the implication of design changes on manufacturability of subsea equipment
This VILT course provides a comprehensive understanding of the equipment used in subsea production systems. It is designed for petroleum engineers, production engineers, subsea project engineers and is also highly suitable for cost, planning, offshore installation and offshore operations engineers.
Anyone directly or indirectly involved with subsea equipment will benefit from attending this VILT course – from engineers installing the equipment to procurement staff looking to understand more.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 4 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 4 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (16 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.