About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This 5 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course is designed to provide an understanding of the wide range of surface production handling and treatment equipment. Participants will learn not only the “what” but “how” field fluid treating equipment works. Participants will be introduced to the fundamental principles of fluid behavior and how it applies to all of the various equipment and systems comprised in production operations.
A significant outcome from participating in this VILT course is improved team work and communication among the related technical disciplines in the field and office in order to enhance operational efficiencies, lower costs and improve production economics. In addition to lectures, exercises are also worked-in together with the instructor to drive home the important learning points from the VILT course.
Upon completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the physical properties and phase behavior of crude oil and natural gas that govern production operations
- Learn field processes for treating and conditioning full wellstream production for sales or final disposition
- Access an introduction to the wide range of equipment used to process, treat, transport, and store oilfield produced fluids
- Learn the basics of oilfield corrosion prevention, detection and treatment
- Determine and minimize pressure drop in pipelines, valves and pressured vessels as well as internal workings of separators, pumps, compressors, valves and other treating equipment
- Gain an overview of the processes and equipment used to handle acid gases
- Get an understanding of a wide range of produced fluid volume measurement and metering devices
- Obtain a description of treating equipment whether located downhole, on the surface, offshore platform or sea floor
The VILT course will benefit production, operations, facilities and petroleum engineers, production managers and field production supervisors, surface equipment technicians and technical or supervisory personnel who interact with field facility engineers and operators.
The VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is a Production Operations Engineering specialist who previously worked for Shell Exploration & Production business units in Southeast Asia, UK and in the Netherlands. His area of expertise ranges from well completions, well repair, artificial-lift (beam-pump, gas-lift and Electric Submersible Pump), surface operations oil & gas, hydrocarbon administration, gas sales contract management, operations maintenance for a gas storage project and operations readiness & assurance. He later took on roles as an independent consultant for the E&P industry where he worked for Schlumberger, Shell, Taqa, Kuwait Oil Company, GasUnie and Nordstream, mainly as subject matter specialist and trainer for field operators and graduate engineers.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.