About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
By 2050 global electricity demand will more than double requiring some 12’000 GW of new power generation capacity out of which three quarters will be renewables.
Energy storage is an essential element in this energy transition and recent cost reductions in batteries are paving the way for widespread application. However, different to power generation technologies the business models for batteries are manyfold. Some dozen different revenue streams must be analysed to form the value stack of a successful business case. All of which are highly depending on location and adjacent power generation source if any.
This course will help you to understand how to map business opportunities and structure the case around utility scale battery projects. Each module will be enriched by using additional materials in form of spreadsheets, articles, online tools and video clips to show real world case studies. Significant time will be dedicated to case studies and group work in order to enhance application of new knowledge and leverage experiences between delegates.
- Understanding and comparing various energy storage technologies
- Major drivers and inhibitors influencing the growth of the battery market
- Understand battery economics and business models
- Hands on exercises and group work to apply knowledge and leverage experience
- Zooming in and out from concepts, to project and industry context
- Analyse business cases from around the world and understand their economics
- Blending technical, financial and legal elements in a straight forward way
- Comprehensive understanding of the battery value stack and revenue streams
- Project developers and Sponsors
- OEM manufacturers, EPC contractors and O&M service providers
- IPPs, Utilities and Grid operators
- Private Equity & Institutional Investors
- Development finance institutions and Commercial lenders
- Legal, Technical and Insurance Advisors
- Government officials and Regulators
- Oil & Gas upstream companies
- Petrochemical and Process industry companies
This course will be conducted in Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) format.
Participants will receive access to a shared cloud folder with in-depth background reports, articles, bookmarks, templates and tools in electronic format.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.