About this Training Course
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are important for the safe and effective operation of industrial plants and oil & gas facilities. But SOPs are frequently developed late in the project, after the design is completed and construction is well underway. And they may be used for little other than operator training. Following start-up, they often end up on a shelf collecting dust. Used this way, SOPs have little influence on either the design or the operation of the facility. But this cannot reasonably be accomplished unless we start writing procedures that are more user-friendly. We must start writing SOPs that the operators will actually want to use.
The objective of the course is to enable the engineers and technical professionals to:
- State clearly what SOPs are, why they are written and for whom
- Assess their Reader and their needs from the SOP
- Analyse the procedure(s) concerned and identify the key aspects from the Readers’ point of view
- Use the correct tenses to help guide the Reader through the procedure
- Use the active or passive voice to meet the needs of the Reader
- Use a clear, simple, logical neutral style to ensure the clarity of the SOP
- Use a systematic method of reviewing and revising their documents to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the entire SOP
This training course will be useful for engineers and relevant personnel from the following functions in the Oil & Gas in industry:
- Process, Health & Safety
- Commissioning and Start-up
- Maintenance, Operations and Administration
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about PetroEdge training courses
Overall it was great. Lots of games to keep us interested and awake. Able to practice presenting and recorded was great idea
An effective training that benefits me in daily tasks
Cost Controller, Petronas Chemicals Engineering (M) Sdn Bhd
This course meet my expectation