About this Training Course
This 5 day course is designed to train the explorationist to efficiently identify and map pervasive, large opportunities in Tight Gas Systems. They occur in both clastics and carbonates, and examples of each will be provided. In as much as these resource plays will be a main focus of future gas exploration, it is critical to understand the occurrence and characteristics of these huge unconventional accumulations. They will also become increasingly important in worldwide exploration as a large source for future gas supplies and reserves.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand historical perspective – how we got to where we are today.
- Understand the main characteristics of these accumulations.
- Understand the current working model – why these large accumulations occur.
- Know the importance of geochemical parameters that are required for a play.
- Understand critical pressure, fluid, and reservoir attributes – how to evaluate and map.
- Know the sweet spots – the various types that have made these plays even more economic.
- Explore to examples and case histories in the u.s. and canada – what criteria were used to make the important initial discoveries.
- Exploration approach – a step-by-step approach outlining how to use basic rock, log, pressure, and test data to develop and evaluate these opportunities.
- The course will be very useful for any person trying to correlate, map and interpret clastic reservoirs in the subsurface in order to predict geometries and anticipate hetergeneities.
- The information presented will be useful for work at various scales: regional mapping, prospect generation or field development work.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.