About this Training Course
The workplace is full of challenging bosses, colleagues, and customers. There are traps for the unwary at every turn. Sensitive subjects and prickly personalities can challenge anyone. It really is a jungle out there! And it is critical to your career to learn how to deal with these difficult people and challenging situations.
“Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin was able to successfully handle a wide range of creatures in the wild. What was the secret of his success? He did not expect them to change their nature. Instead, he approached each one on its own terms, seeking to understand and willing to be flexible. The same principles apply to the denizens of the Human Zoo!
When confronted with a challenging personality or situation, most people will either avoid, confront, or concede rather than engage constructively. This workshop will prepare you to respond intelligently rather than react emotionally. It will help you change your attitude and behaviour, transform your relationships, and not waste time trying to change others.
In this intensive, 1-day workshop participants will gain the knowledge, skills, techniques, and attitude to successfully manage challenging people and relationships in the workplace and in their personal lives.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of conflict resolution
- Choose the right words and tone
- Understand what is not being said
- Create a work environment that minimises the potential for conflict
- Change your attitude and change the relationship
- Identify five approaches to conflict and how to communicate with each approach
- Recognise three types of challenging people and how to deal with each type
- How to work with a challenging boss
- Learn strategies for dealing with other types of difficult and annoying people
- Give praise and compliments easily
This training program has been researched and developed for all Oil & Gas Engineers and Technical Professionals.
- Presentation and discussion
- Interactive sessions
- Case studies
- Individual exercises
- Group activities
- Role plays
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.