About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Developing capability and managing key talent is not without its challenges in the Oil & Gas industry. As senior professionals retire, taking with them valuable years of experience and knowledge, it is critical for you – as HR professionals – to formulate a sustainable plan for succession planning and talent development and ensure that there is no disruption to your workforce’s capabilities. Losing valuable skills without the ability to replace or develop them in younger talents – coupled with attrition from the stiff talent war among leading organisations – will result in a negative impact on the company’s bottom line, regardless of the current oil price.
This Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course provides an excellent opportunity for Human Resource Development professionals in the Oil & Gas sector to learn from strategic Learning & Development practitioners with extensive experience in the oil & gas sector and from each other.
By the end of this VILT course, participants will be able to do the following:
- Explore human capital development and management challenges affecting the business and share best practices undertaken by leading organisations in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Identify key steps of talent sourcing process and perform assessment on existing strategies of own organisation.
- Describe the process of managing competencies and the steps needed to implement a competency assurance in an organisation.
- Relate to best practices in developing a competency management framework profile and use some tools and methodologies in assessing competencies.
- Walk through talent management best practices by leading organisations and see their impacts in ensuring a sustainable pipeline of talent potentials.
- Identify best practices and share the importance of Performance Management in driving a high performing culture.
- Gain hands-on experience in applying Performance Management tools and techniques.
- Develop capability development and talent management strategies to support business strategy.
- Line Managers
- Team Managers
- Learning & Development Executives
- Talent Development
- Competency and Capability Development Executives from International and National Oil & Gas Operators, Contractors and Service Providers from across Asia
This VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 10 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
Your expert course leader is a Human Capital Development Practitioner with more than 25 years of experience in the following areas:
- Education, Learning & Development
- HR Policy Development & Implementation
- Organisational Design & Development
- Change Management, Process Reengineering & Quality Culture
- Performance Management
- Leadership Development & Succession Planning
- Talent Sourcing & Recruitment
- Compensation & Benefits
A chemist by training, her interest in people development was so intense that she decided to switch profession during her earlier years of employment, and she has never looked back since. She has gathered extensive hands-on experience, leading key projects and training others in the above-mentioned areas during her 25-year tenure with PETRONAS, Malaysia. A project that she was particularly proud of in completing was the transformation of the PETRONAS Management Training Institute into a regional Leadership Learning Center. While leading this project, she was given the opportunity to be seconded for a few months to General Electric (GE), a Fortune 500 multinational known for its cutting-edge Leadership Development innovation.
More than one third of her extensive tenure in PETRONAS was spent at the company’s Leadership Center (formerly known as PETRONAS Management Training Sdn Bhd), performing various job roles ranging from Learning Researcher, Program Developer, Trainer, Learning Consultant and Head of a Program Faculty. During her role as the Head of Leadership, Management & Supervisory Program Faculty, she led a pool of trainers in the running of more than 50 learning programs delivering close to 2,000 learning man-days per year. In addition, she was instrumental in the development of several key human capital development philosophies, concepts, systems and processes currently being used in PETRONAS. Among those that she was extensively involved in developing are the current PETRONAS Leadership Competency Model & Development Approach and the Performance Management Philosophy & Process. Most of these processes required a TOT program to be rolled out to all PETRONAS subsidiaries across the Globe.
She was also tasked at guiding a project team to enhance the PETRONAS Employee Recruitment Process with the aim to simplify while enhancing its effectiveness. This was the last project that she led before opting out for an early retirement in 2016 to pursue her other interests in life which includes cycling, jungle tracking and mountain climbing.
In keeping her interest in Learning & Development alive after retirement, she has been delivering programs and providing consultancy on competency management for Oil & Gas companies in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, India and Oman. Among her most recent work deliveries are 4 separate competency management projects with the Geoscience Skill Group of PETRONAS (October 2018), PERTAMINA Hulu Mahakam Balikpapan, Indonesia (November 2018), Tenaga Nasional Berhad Malaysia (April 2019) and the Petroleum Engineering Skill Group of PETRONAS (September 2019). She recently completed a SMART programme for a National Oil Company in Southeast Asia which focused on transforming capability development from a tightly regulated process into a self driven capability management eco-system.