About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
Over the next two or three decades, it is predicted that gas usage will grow at a much faster rate than oil and become the dominant energy source. Up to some 40% of gas comes from Offshore Fields. The transport of gas in the form of LNG is growing very fast – particularly for longer distance export routes. New offshore opportunities for gas production are being developed with the new technologies of Floating LNG (FLNG).
Inshore or Offshore FSRUs provide safe, strategic and good location for the receiving terminals for LNG and provide the conversion of the methane from the liquid phase back to the gaseous phase to direct consumer usage.
This 4 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course covers Gas and LNG activities – their Supply Chain from Onshore and Offshore Gas Fields to Market, with FSRUs providing the last step by converting the LNG back to usable methane gas for local supply and use.
Case studies and videos will be used to illustrate lessons learned from past successful projects. The powerpoint presentation and numerous industry videos will be distributed with the lecture materials.
*Training will be delivered in 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day in Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) format.
By attending this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course, participants will gain a detailed understanding of:
- Understand the basics of the gas supply chain from gas reservoir to customer supply (either as gas or as LNG).
- Have a good understanding of the formation of LNG, either at land based sites or offshore sites (FLNG).
- Have knowledge of the requirements to provide safe and secure offshore locations for re-gasification floating terminals.
- Understand the options for new build or gas carrier conversion to FSRUs, together with knowledge of how they are located / moored and work.
- Have knowledge of the main players involved in FSRUs.
- Have details of existing FSRU locations together with proposed future opportunity areas.
- Have the additional information on the current status of worldwide FLNG projects.
Who should attend this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)?
The VILT course is intended for participants new to the technology, and those who would like to update their existing knowledge of the latest developments of FSRUs.
Additionally, it will be useful for anyone (technical and non-technical) who would like to understand more of the Gas / LNG Supply Chain and the role of FSRUs within this:
- Persons (technical and non-technical) involved in the gas and LNG industries.
- Shipbuilding, ship repair & ship conversion groups.
- Offshore engineering & construction suppliers or contractors.
- LNG facilities personnel.
- Oil & Gas production personnel involved in project management, engineering, procurement, production, construction, commercial, commissioning and administration.
- Persons involved in O&G Safety and Environmental issues and regulations.
- Basic or Foundation
This VILT course will be delivered online in 4 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day.
Course Duration: 4 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (16 hours in total).
There will be a Q&A session and a short quiz at the end of each day.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Excellent Introduction to FSRU.
Project Officer, Bemhard Shulte Ship Management
Thank you for enriching our knowledge about FSRU.
Fleet Manager, BSOT Singapore
The course is well organised and conducted.
Head of Product Development, Siemens Pte Ltd
The trainer presents very well, he is extremely knowledgeable and tailors his delivery to his audience. Would recommend his course to others.