About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
There are signs that the offshore oil and gas industry is moving out of the 2020 effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the accompanying oil price drop. Future activities will also include longer term Energy Transition directions. These topics will be covered in a 5 half-day Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) course through a Global Energy Review projecting into the future, and overall, will place participants in a good position to get involved in the future of the industry.
This VILT course has been designed to help participants acquire the fundamental knowledge on Marine Drilling processes on offshore jack-up and floater drilling rigs. The VILT course outlines the various types of drilling rig as well as details their drilling facilities and systems employed in drilling wells such as the derrick, the drill string, the use of drilling muds and cementing.
Special attention will be given to the Marine Drilling components of the Blow Out Preventer, the Marine Drilling Riser, the Riser Tensioner and the Heave Compensation Systems. Safety and environmental issues are important and past failures will be included in the presentations. Upon completion of the VILT course, participants will be able to understand the basics of offshore rigs design, their working principles and how wells are drilled offshore. Case studies and videos will be used to illustrate the lessons learnt from past successful projects.
Upon completion of this VILT course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the method and equipment involved in drilling oil & gas wells
- Get equipped on the Marine Drilling Hosts – Jack-Ups, Drilling Semis and Drillships
- Understand how the drilling equipment works
- Understand the basics of well design
- Get equipped on the operational and safety requirements for Drilling Offshore
- Get equipped on the hydraulic systems of Drilling Muds and Cementing
- Understand where Drilling fits with the Field Development Process
- Understand the new Drilling Techniques and approaches
- Obtain knowledge of the Drilling Costs involved
Primarily, the VILT course is a technology course. It is therefore intended for professionals such as:
- Drilling Contractors
- Professionals from oil and gas companies
- Professionals from shipyards
- Professionals from oil rig-building yards
- Offshore construction companies and service providers, and
- Marine and offshore related SME personnel involved in the design and engineering, planning, procurement, project management, engineering production, vessel construction, commercial, commissioning and administration
Additionally, the VILT course could be of interest to non-engineers such as professionals from insurance brokers, legal and financial, and government bodies.
This VILT course will be delivered online in 5 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 2 breaks of 15 minutes per day. There will be a Q&A session and a short quiz at the end of each day.
Course Duration: 5 half-day sessions, 4 hours per session (20 hours in total).
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.