About this Training Course
The Microbial Carbonate Reservoirs course will describe reservoir fabrics and properties, 3D distribution, modeling and development aspects, illustrated with examples from Brazil, Oman, Angola, etc. This 5-day basic course will utilise a combination of presentations and practical exercises throughout the 5 days.
5-day course content at a glance:
Day 1: Microbial Carbonate Factory
- Microbial rock formation & fabrics
- Distribution in geological time & space
Day 2: Microbial Reservoir Geology
- Interpretation on all observation scales
- Flow Units – Correlation exercise
Day 3: Relevance of Analogues
- Selection and use, ancient & modern
- Integration into models – Exercise
Day 4: Pre-Salt Exploration & Appraisal
- South Atlantic petroleum system & controls
- Reservoir issues & challenges – Exercise
Day 5: Pre-Salt Production Aspects
- Production scale heterogeneities
- Case study exercise
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of microbial carbonate formation, distribution and reservoir properties.
- Understand the attributes and economic significance of the Pre-Salt Microbial Carbonate Play.
This course has been designed for all Geoscientists and Petroleum Engineers (Geologists, Seismic Interpreters, Petrophysicists, Reservoir Engineers) and their Team Leaders tasked to look into Exploration or Development of Microbial Carbonate Plays.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
This is one of the best carbonate course I’ve attended.
An eye opener to the new play type. Helped to understand the fundamental of microbial carbonate reservoir and also guide to manage the project better.