About this Training Course
Diesel engines have the highest efficiency and reliability for powering power generating plants, ships, etc. They also have low capital, operation and maintenance cost. Diesel engines have been used as prime movers for power plants of various sizes. The environmental emissions of these engines are minimal.
This 5 full-day course will provide in-depth coverage of the selection, layout, operation, inspection, diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, refurbishment, performance monitoring, power augmentation, and economics of all types of diesel engine power plants. The main focus of this course will be on the inspection, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and refurbishment of these engines. All the components, instrumentation, and control systems of diesel engine power plants will be covered in detail. The design, selection considerations, operation, maintenance, economics of diesel engine power plants as well as, emission limits, reliability, monitoring and governing systems will also be covered in detail. This course will also provide up-dated information in respect to all the significant improvements that have been made to diesel engine power plants during the last two decades. All the applications of diesel engines will be discussed. All the electrical equipment used to provide power in diesel engine power plants used on oil and gas drilling platforms will be covered in detail including ac generators, silicon control rectifiers, dc motors, dc generators, etc.
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Components and Systems: Learn about all components and subsystems of the various types of diesel engine power plants including plant layout, air intake system, fuel supply system, exhaust system, cooling system, lubricating system, starting system
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Failure Modes, Inspection, Diagnostic Testing, Troubleshooting, Maintenance, and Refurbishment: Learn about all the failure modes of diesel engine power plants, inspection techniques, diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and refurbishment activities required for these engines to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of diesel engine power plant environmental emissions
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of diesel engine power plants
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of diesel engine power plant predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing.
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of diesel engine power plants
- Diesel Engine Power Plant Equipment Used on Oil and Gas Drilling Platforms: Gain a thorough understanding of all the equipment used in diesel engine power plants used on oil and gas drilling platforms including ac generators, silicon control rectifiers, dc motors, dc generators, etc
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
- Basic or Foundation
Your specialist course leader relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all participants gain a complete understanding of all topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught to their own organization.
Each delegate will receive a copy of the following materials written by the instructor:
- “DIESEL ENGINES POWER PLANT MANUAL” (350 pages – covering operation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, and refurbishment of diesel engine power plants)
- “ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT HANDBOOK” published by McGraw-Hill in 2003 (600 pages)
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Electrical Technician, Brunei LNG Sdn Bhd
Fruitful training experience where I have learnt a lot!