About this Training Course
This 5-day course has been designed to introduce key concepts, principles and practicalities that form the technical basis for value added seismic applications in exploration, field appraisal and reservoir management to seismic interpreters and geophysicists. It will equip participants with a practical understanding of present day processing methods and their implementation. The emphasis of the course lies in getting participants to understand seismic acquisition, processing, imaging and the technical requirements for extraction of geological and petrophysical information. Data examples, exercises and workshops are used to illustrate key concepts, practical issues and pitfalls as they affect seismic data quality and interpretation. The modular course design allows ready adaptation to shorter or longer versions and direct linkage to advanced treatment of specific topics.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Classify types of seismic methods used in E&P
- Understand the role of seismic in the business of the reservoir cycle
- Explain the basic principles of seismic wave propagation
- Understand vertical and horizontal resolution of seismic data and factors that affect seismic amplitudes
- Understand the principles of marine and land seismic acquisition
- Explain the difference between seismic data and noise
- Determine the basic parameters that are used in the design of 3D seismic surveys
- Identify and understand the basic steps required to process seismic data
- Understand critical issues to be addressed in seismic processing
- Understand how seismic data is transformed into 3D time or depth images
- Understand the principles and role of special seismic techniques such as inversion, attributes, AVO, multi-component seismic and 4D methods
The course will benefit geophysicists involved in the design and execution of seismic data processing, seismic interpreters and earth scientists (geologists, petrophysicists, reservoir engineers) who, as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, want to familiarise themselves with this material.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.