About this Classroom Training
In an era of increasing environmental awareness and resource scarcity, the responsible management of produced water from industrial processes, particularly within the context of the energy sector, has become paramount. As industries worldwide strive to balance their operational needs with environmental stewardship, finding innovative and sustainable solutions for the management of produced water has emerged as a pressing concern. In this evolving landscape, it has become clear that traditional disposal methods are no longer sufficient nor environmentally responsible.
This comprehensive course on “Sustainable Management of Produced Water Using Green and Circular Solutions” is meticulously crafted to address the multifaceted dimensions of this critical global challenge. It recognizes that sustainable water management is not only a moral imperative but also a strategic necessity for industries and organizations seeking long-term viability in a world where sustainable practices are becoming the norm.
In this course, we aim to empower a diverse range of professionals and stakeholders who play pivotal roles in shaping the future of produced water management. Whether you are an environmental engineer looking for cutting-edge solutions, a policymaker striving to craft regulations that promote sustainability, an investor seeking to support green initiatives, or a professionals eager to be part of the next generation of environmental leaders, this course offers something invaluable for everyone.
By delving into the principles of circular economy and embracing nature-based technologies, participants will gain the knowledge, understanding, and strategies needed to transform the challenges posed by produced water into opportunities for sustainable growth. We believe that by fostering a deep understanding of these concepts and their practical applications, we can contribute to a future where responsible water management becomes an integral part of every industry’s DNA.
By attending this training course, participants will:
- Gain an introduction to the modern approach of circular economy principles in the field of water and waste management and its relation to sustainability.
- Learn about nature-based solutions as ecological engineering systems.
- Obtain an understanding of constructed wetland systems, their applicability and their limitations.
- Get familiarized with the processes for the transformation and removal of various pollutants in constructed wetlands.
- Access information about current research needs, existing range of application and options.
- Build a capability to prepare draft designs of constructed wetland systems for specific application, using commonly state of the art design tools.
- Oil and Gas Industry Professionals who are Environmental engineers, Produced water engineers, Water treatment engineers, ESG managers, Production operations engineers and HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) managers.
- Environmental and Water Quality Experts such as Environmental scientist, Water quality analysts, Ecologists and Hydrologists.
- Regulatory and Compliance Personnel such as Environmental regulators, Compliance officers, Government officials responsible for water management.
- Technology and Solution Providers such as companies offering water treatment technologies and circular water approaches.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Advocacy Groups such as Organizations focused on environmental conservation and sustainable practices and Water resource advocacy groups.
- Energy and Environmental Consultants who providing advisory services to businesses in the energy sector on sustainable practices.
- Industry Associations Groups members from related to the oil and gas industry, environmental sustainability and produced water management.
- Course material will be provided for future reference.
- Each topic begins with a statement of the intended learning outcome (LO).
- Activities such as quizzes, videos and assessment will be incorporated.
- Thought-provoking discussions.
- Explore real-world case studies.
- Collaborative discussion with experts and peers who share similar passion for sustainability.
- Transformative learning experience that will shape the way you view and contribute to the world of water management and sustainability.
Your expert trainer is a member of Produced Water Society who has emerged as a trailblazer in the realm of engineering design studies, particularly in the field of produced wastewater treatment facilities using innovative nature-based solutions. His prolific career witnessed the completion of over 60 comprehensive design-engineering studies that have left an indelible mark on the global landscape of wastewater management.
Across these formative years, he has spearheaded design studies for wastewater treatment facilities employing diverse nature-based approaches such as Constructed Wetlands, Stabilization ponds, Roughing Filters, and more. His visionary work transcended international boundaries, touching numerous countries and addressing a multitude of wastewater sources.
The spectrum of his design studies encompassed a remarkable range of design flows, spanning from modest 5 m3/day systems to ambitious projects handling up to a staggering 100,000 m3/day. This diversity underscored his adaptability and expertise in tailoring solutions to meet the unique needs of each application. The influence of your expert trainer work can be traced across the globe, with design studies conducted in a multitude of countries.
His body of work is not merely a testament to his technical prowess but also a testament to his commitment to environmental sustainability. Through his meticulous engineering designs, he has contributed significantly to the advancement of wastewater treatment, leaving an enduring legacy that continues to benefit communities and ecosystems worldwide. His pioneering spirit and dedication to creating sustainable solutions have made him an exemplar in the field of engineering design studies.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster. Request for further information post training support and fees applicable
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
His portfolio showcases his versatility in addressing various wastewater sources using nature-based solutions, such as Domestic and Municipal Wastewater, Sludge Dewatering and Mineralization, Industrial wastewaters (oil and gas industry, olive mills, dairy farms, mine drainage, etc.
His unique systems designed for the oil and gas sector are an emphatic testament of the scalability and efficiency of constructed wetland technology application for these harsh effluents.
Design Manager, ILF.
Through his expertise and long-standing experience, he has contributed significantly to the advancement of sustainable wastewater treatment that benefit both communities and ecosystems worldwide.
Director, Sistemas Pluviales.
I don’t think there is another expert that can present such a diverse portfolio on ecological engineering solutions from different countries and regions.