About this Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the various types of transformer maintenance including breakdown maintenance, preventive maintenance, total productive maintenance, condition-based maintenance, proactive maintenance, and reliability-centered maintenance. All the expected problems in dry and oil-filled transformers will be discussed in detail. All the diagnostics, troubleshooting and maintenance required to ensure adequate operation of transformers will be covered thoroughly. This course will focus on maximizing the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of all types of transformers by providing an understanding of all commissioning requirements, repair and refurbishment methods of transformers.
- Equipment Diagnostics and Inspection: Learn in detail all the diagnostic techniques and inspections required of critical components of transformers
- Equipment Testing: Understand thoroughly all the routine tests, type tests, and special tests required for the various types of transformers
- Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Determine all the maintenance and troubleshooting activities required to minimize transformer downtime and operating cost
- Equipment Repair and Refurbishment: Gain a detailed understanding of the various methods used to repair and refurbish transformers
- Efficiency, Reliability, and Longevity: Learn the various methods used to maximize the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of transformers
- Equipment Sizing: Gain a detailed understanding of all the calculations and sizing techniques used for transformers
- Design Features: Understand all the design features that improve the efficiency and reliability of transformers
- Equipment Selection: Learn how to select all types of transformers by using the performance characteristics and selection criteria that you will learn in this course
- Equipment Commissioning: Understand all the commissioning requirements for transformers
- Equipment Codes and Standards: Learn all the codes and standards applicable for transformers
- Equipment Causes and Modes of Failure: Understand the causes and modes of failure in transformers
- System Design: Learn all the requirements for designing different types of transformer systems
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals (this course is suitable for individuals who do not have an electrical background)
The VILT will be delivered online in 4 half-day sessions comprising 4 hours per day, with 1 x 10 minutes break per day, including time for lectures, discussion, quizzes and short classroom exercises.
Additionally, some self-study will be requested. Participants are invited but not obliged to bring a short presentation (10 mins max) on a practical problem they encountered in their work. This will then be explained and discussed during the VILT. A short test or quiz will be held at the end the course.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.