About this Training Course
This Well Design and Construction course is designed to provide participants with a robust knowledge of well engineering principles. Based on the global practices, and standards and using real examples, it represents how well engineering is managed in the oil and gas industry.
As drilling tools and technology evolves, the drilling community must keep pace in order to make the right decisions at the right time. Some of these decisions have a significant impact on reducing non-productive time. However, they are also important to stand out in process safety as major well control incidents [like the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico, 2010] have taught us so dramatically in the past. We therefore need a consistent and technology-based approach to decision-making. This can only be achieved if the basics of well engineering have been thoroughly taught, understood, and are then wisely applied.
To enable participants to understand well engineering principles and practices that must be applied to ensure that the process to drill and complete a well can only be successful if it is based on sound planning and implementation.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the critical elements of a drilling program, the practices that contribute to minimize non-productive time, the equipment, and tools we need to collect downhole information, the high standards required to maintain process safety and the methodologies that enable analyzing and solving of drilling problems.
- Demonstrate how to apply a methodical approach to well planning, which can then be used to implement good practices at the wellsite.
- Develop a thorough understanding of basic well engineering and the essential skills to work as a team member.
- Learn that opportunities are available to broaden our foundation of knowledge, so that we can rise to the challenge.
- Focus on several well design and well operational elements that either enhance or hinder us in getting to a successful end result.
- Illustrate the benefits of having sound well engineering skills that enable a consistent well delivery in the field.
Well engineers in their first few year[s] of their career and having the aspiration to become knowledgeable in applying globally accepted standards and practices in well engineering. It is also meant for those who are about to hold a supervisory position in the field and are keen to implement global standards and good practices. The course may also provide a refresher for the more experienced drilling or well engineer, who has missed out on the basics of well engineering in the past and/or has limited field experience. It is also important that with knowledge gained, the attendee will be able to challenge the many specialized services at the well site, by homing in on critical factors they control, and which often make or break a successful drilling campaign.
This classroom course will be delivered as a 8 hrs per day, 5-day course. Some daily exercises will have to be done individually [calculations], some will be completed through group effort and consensus and some will be a simple multiple-choice exercises. A formulae sheet will be provided. Some homework is also highly recommended.
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information post training support and fees applicable