About this Training Course
Operators worldwide are searching for new ways to produce their existing matured assets. With the current average recovery factor of around 35%, there is still a lot of oil left in reservoirs that are well characterised. This demand to recover more oil from existing assets continues to fuel interest in applying Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) techniques in Asia and across the world.
This course addresses the relevance and basic concepts of various EOR techniques. EOR techniques are often grouped in three main areas: thermal EOR (e.g. steam soak and SAGD), chemical EOR (e.g. low-salinity waterflooding, polymer and surfactant flooding) and Gas EOR (like HC gas and CO2 injection).
The fundamentals of each of these areas will be discussed and through simple exercises, the participants will get an understanding of the relevance of various parameters.
But more importantly, participants will also understand and appreciate the short comings of various techniques and how these could be addressed in a specific field application or via ongoing research activities. Based on the key characteristics of various EOR techniques, the most relevant screening criteria will be explained.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand key EOR techniques
- Appreciate the strength and weaknesses of each technique and how EOR can be optimised
- Acquire an understanding of how EOR techniques are applied in field development planning and how to overcome arising complexities
This course will benefit:
- Petroleum and Reservoir Engineers who are involved in studies to define EOR projects, and who require a better understanding of the technology and a broader view of EOR projects in terms of planning and execution
- Supervisors and development managers who want a better understanding of current EOR techniques, to be able to discuss these with their experienced staff and make more informed business decisions
To further optimise your learning experience from our courses, we also offer individualized “One to One” coaching support for 2 hours post training. We can help improve your competence in your chosen area of interest, based on your learning needs and available hours. This is a great opportunity to improve your capability and confidence in a particular area of expertise. It will be delivered over a secure video conference call by one of our senior trainers. They will work with you to create a tailor-made coaching program that will help you achieve your goals faster.
Request for further information about post training coaching support and fees applicable for this.
Learn what past participants have said about EnergyEdge training courses
Kudos to the trainer as he always uses laymen terms to make us understand what is behind the theory.
Senior Petroleum Engineer, Petrofac
The best EOR training I had ever attended
You need this course before screening EOR projects
Most practical course I have ever attended
Very comprehensive course from a very knowledgeable experts
I had a great time learning about EOR
TOTAL E & P Indonesia
Good overview of techniques from around the world
Strong foundation for EOR and techniques
The trainer has done a fantastic job to inspire the EOR industry